Monday 1 December 2008

No adventures

Is anyone still reading this? In the unlikely event that you are, you may be interested to know what's been going on with us lately.

It turns out that London isn't quite as interesting as the French Alps for providing me with things to write about. Sure, i could rabbit on about how much i detest the daily commute and how, based on my extensive knowledge of three cities on the planet, London excels and surpasses all the competition in the "unfriendliness" category. i could probably fill several (dull) books on "things that happened on my way to work" but i really couldn't be bothered.

So the good news is that my new job is totally awesome. i should have moved years and years ago. It turns out that i really had no idea how to code. It's great to be learning again.

On the subject of my commute (which we weren't) i recently invested in a Brompton (the S2L in bright orange) which has revolutionised my trip to work. Not only has it cut my trip time by 10 minutes each way, i no longer have to park at the station and the tube is the thing of the past for me. Hurray for youDevise and the Cycle-Scheme.

So apparently the snow is awesome so far. We're going to Val d'Isere on the 10th of January and then the Portes du Soleil on the 17th. Two weeks of skiing with the Vallee Blanche planned for changeover day. i'm sure you know this, but We. Cannot. Wait.

No comments: